Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Sharing




A few times we've re keyed homes and people have left things behind...after a certain time, usually 25 days, everything left is considered abandoned property so the agents are glad if we take things away that we can use or need. They then have other people come in to clean the houses and remove everything...its usually just thrown away....
About 3 weeks ago, we went into a home and there were all these wonderful children's books still there.....
there was the complete set of Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter books...

a set of fun tongue twisters and number poems..


I liked the illustrations......

and lastly a big book of Fairy Tales....

I've always loved books and couldn't see leaving these to be thrown away...could you? They are all in new condition...I am thinking I will just save them as one day we might have some grandchildren.....Growing up we never had any books in the house, but did go to the library every two weeks or so...Mom never subscribed to magazines either but always read to me when I was little until I could read myself....
I read every night to the boys when they were little and still have most all their books stored away for the future......Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham,
Pig Pig books, etc. We also read the Beginners Bible over and over again......reading is so important........
I wonder if with all the texting, twittering, TV, and videos if kids aren't missing out...we neither text or tweet and our boys don't either.....they just aren't interested.......they don't watch much TV also, usually just a movie in the evenings or so.....

We had a good rain this morning and its cool....in the 50s...the sun is trying to come out this afternoon.....nothing has come up yet in the garden but its about time as its been a week since we planted.......
I won't be posting tomorrow so will take this time to wish you all a wonderful Resurrection Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you rescued those fine books! Truly would be a shame to have books thrown out...

    Hoppy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful find, Dani! The Beatrix Potter collection is great- could be very valuable, too!
    I love books, too... I always loved to read and be read to.
    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?