Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Short Visit in our Garden, You're Invited..




 class=I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing.

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.

(refrain)
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known..

Many times, I like to sit on the swing out in the garden, usually with some hot coffee...its very pleasant and it reminds me of this favorite hymn. It was one of my mom's favorites too.......

6 comments:

  1. One of my mom's favorite songs also - sung at her funeral service. Again we post similar things - roses are such a joy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and a wonderful hymn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers just make everything seem so peaceful..That was my GM favorite hymm (or one of them) I can always remember the refrain easier than the words...kind of like a certain verse that sticks in your head sometimes...Thanks for reminding me Dani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite hymns, too! I'll be humming that the rest of the day, for sure! And the roses are just beautiful, Dani! You have a green thumb!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE that hymn, Dani!!
    And your pictures are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?