Sunday, September 21, 2008

We've had a quiet weekend....our son announced he wants to get back into baseball...when he was younger, we were very involved in Little League, Alan was a coach and Donny was a umpire...Matt was on top teams and went into the playoffs several times, he was a catcher and a pitcher but could play almost any position...as a pitcher, 12 years old, he had a wicked arm and threw balls at about 60 MPH....now he wonders how he would do at 17...he could hit too and made quite a few home runs...God has blest him with alot of athletic talent.
When we moved up here, about 4 years ago, he lost interest and let baseball have a rest until now. Fortunately we have a neighbor who is into Little League, and was on a minor team as an adult. He's taken an interest in Matt and says he can get him on a traveling team within a week or so. He says he wants to start working out and getting ready for try outs.
***********************************************************************************
Our weather has been wonderful today...in the high 70s..no AC needed.....we did some yard clean up, sweeping, etc. and I trimmed our Purple Fountain grass as it was getting too large and falling over. I also worked on more journal jars which I will be listing on Etsy....my jars are very unique, no one else makes these on Ebay or Etsy and they make a nice gift......I have several photos of previous jars on my other blog so will only post one here..


This one was a western themed one with photos of old cowboys...I also decorated it with old cracker jack box toy ropes, horse shoes and a tiny pistol...bits of rope too....I am working on a similar one as well as two others....
A journal jar contains questions to help in writing a journal..over 100 that will help stir up memories...

3 comments:

  1. A quiet weekend is so nice, isn't it? Best wishes with your jars ... I sure enjoy mine!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog-thanks for stopping by mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet Dani- I've missed you!!!
    I think your little jars are so sweet... I love this one, it makes me think of my Mom! (She was a big fan of Roy Rogers when she was a little girl, and even had comic books with him in it!)
    Good luck to Matt... I know he'll be great!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?