Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainy Monday

We woke up to the second storm of the two that were predicted.....wet but not too cold...rain is always a blessing here so no one is complaining.....we've been in a drought for the last 3 years.

Alan took a few photos yesterday of some of the old houses that will soon be disappear as our city progresses....this one is on the side of the busy freeway on a hill...we've noticed it for years...when the freeway was nothing but a two lane highway...it looked better of course...its headed toward oblivion soon....he took other photos too...down the freeway about a mile or so and across is an old farm with a red barn that looks somewhat Amish.....with a old Ford truck parked beside it...there are several other old buildings around and its a shame to have them all disappear...I wonder about their history and the people who lived there....as these buildings are on the side of a busy freeway, and the land is scheduled for industrial use, they will soon be gone...but hopefully not forgotten.
One day I hope to paint or do a cross stitched picture of them when life isn't so hectic and hurried...I would change a few things though...mainly the boarded up windows...Alan took off the graffiti already. I do love the rock fireplace and foundation. I'd take out the window AC unit too.
.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><((((ยบ>
We were not able to make our house payment on time...and a few other bills too....We sent new invoices to all our late payers so hopefully we will be getting some payments soon so we can get caught up. I think it's unfair for banks to levy late payment fees during this bad time for our country....in fact, the banks are the ones not paying us...it reminds me of the parable of the unforgiving steward, remember that?

"Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him.In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

“But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.> He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded.But his creditor wouldn’t wait.

He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened.

Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me.(remember the bank CEOS going to Washington DC, begging for money?) Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?
Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt. Matthew 18:25-34

2 comments:

  1. I cannot begin to tell you how upset it makes me about banks not paying you - it is so dadgum WRONG - but you already know it is wrong. The parable is quite accurate - and more of that "good is evil and evil is good" of our culture. Mike Huckabee was just on a local tv program talking about how uncommon common sense is - yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old houses like the one in the picture. We have one right next to us that is falling down now. It makes me kind of sad. I hope all your financial problems work out soon! I know how stressful that can be.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?