Monday, January 5, 2009

I just put a vintage crochet book into my etsy shop and posted about it in my other blog here
but wanted to show you the granny square bedspread I made years ago...its large and fits a twin sized bed. Granny squares are easy to crochet and I think it took about two years to make enough squares during spare time, mostly evenings to finish this. Its a good way to use up scraps of yarn if you find yourself with small amounts of different colors.

We woke up to a very cold morning, it was 23 degrees when we got up!

3 comments:

  1. Whew - colder at your place than here in icy North Texas. We had 38 when we got up but it dropped to 33. Now edging all the way up to maybe 40 -I'm not a winter person - maybe colorwise I am (never have had that done) but body comfortwise - do NOT like cold weather.
    I love your granny square bedspread -I remember covering up with various afghans when visiting relatives and we had a couple in our house too. I remember having a cute little vest (in college I was little - size 6 ish) made of granny squares to go with my granny glasses and mini skirted cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny squares were really popular back in the 70s...that's when the book I just listed was published...there are so many variations and creative ways to use them...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bedspread is beautiful! You did a wonderful job with it!!!! :o)

    Thanks so much for your encouragement and words you leave on my posts...they always mean so much to me! I hope you are having a lovely week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?