Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunflowers, Ducks and Lindy Ann


Alan is so proud of his sunflowers! He wanted you to see how tall they were this year...he is over 6 ft and they tower over him.....he figures they are about 9 or so ft high....

This one plant has over 7 blooms..last year, his flowers did poorly so he is so delighted this summer......it all depends on the weather, I think..we had a cool summer last year..and are in a scorcher now.....evidently they like the heat......amazing, aren't they?



                       Why is Mrs. stretching her neck out so far ?




                                         A good scratch of course!
She just loves Alan so much..follows him (and me too) around the yard....wanted attention and scratching....the heat has bothers her quite a bit..we mist her as much as possible and have a large container to swim in.....
As I said before, this is a warm summer...been about 100+ for the last two weeks..the garden has really suffered as we can't use water like we'd like to..just too expensive......we dug up all the spent peas and beans..getting the bed ready for fall planting......I have quite a bit frozen, thankfully.....


I also wanted to share a wonderful new pattern that Oh Sew Dollin 
is featuring right now.....if you haven't seen her wonderful doll patterns...you are in for a treat.....they are so delightful..like eye candy and bring out the little girl in all of us ladies....I ordered one..couldn't resist.....meet Lindy Ann...isn't she sweet? I don't have any grandchildren yet but this doll is so nice...she is jointed and dress-able so you can make outfits for different seasons...I just love her hair...

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Dani!
    Sunflowers are one of the most beautiful flowers.
    Congratulations to Sir Alan, that grows so beautifully.
    Keep up the blessings of God.

    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sunflowers Dani..Kudos to Alan. I planted Sunflowers this year to and they were doing real good and then all of a sudden they stopped growing..I did read though that planting sunflowers will help to keep certain bugs away from your other plants..I planted them for the birds....guess they will just have to find bugs for dinner.
    Love the little Doll..I have a few patterns to make dolls like that...Maybe that is where I got them. Just put her in a chair and enjoy her just for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunflowers! I love the doll and the duck as well!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sunflowers and ducks. Our sunflowers bloom in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunflowers are gorgeous! It is so amazing how they can get so big! It's been pretty hot here too and I've seen a lot of sunflowers around here too, so maybe that is what they need.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?