Saturday, April 3, 2010

Years ago, I made sugar eggs similar to these..mine weren't quite as nice but I did have alot of fun making them......I found a tutorial online in case you decide to try your hand..they really are not hard to make..mostly its the decoration that takes time....Panoramic Sugar Egg Christians have always used the egg as a symbol of new life.....
There are many online sites for egg crafting.....one idea is to take colored blown eggs and make a garland to decorate a mantel...simply run an embroidery needle with narrow satin ribbon attached through each blown egg, tying a knot at each side of the egg to keep it in place...you can alternate the colors or keep them all the same for a different look......its too late this year but next year I plan on doing this with duck eggs..they are far more sturdy for crafting and don't crack easily.....they are a nice size too...

I want to wish all my readers a very special Resurrection Sunday!

Photobucket
Post a Comment