Saturday, April 3, 2010

Years ago, I made sugar eggs similar to these..mine weren't quite as nice but I did have alot of fun making them......I found a tutorial online in case you decide to try your hand..they really are not hard to make..mostly its the decoration that takes time....Panoramic Sugar Egg Christians have always used the egg as a symbol of new life.....
There are many online sites for egg crafting.....one idea is to take colored blown eggs and make a garland to decorate a mantel...simply run an embroidery needle with narrow satin ribbon attached through each blown egg, tying a knot at each side of the egg to keep it in place...you can alternate the colors or keep them all the same for a different look......its too late this year but next year I plan on doing this with duck eggs..they are far more sturdy for crafting and don't crack easily.....they are a nice size too...

I want to wish all my readers a very special Resurrection Sunday!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I do those sugar eggs, too, but never thought of doing them as half-eggs! Always did that 2-halves with an oval "window" in them routine! Those you are showing look lovely and quick to make!

    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are wonderful! Hope you have a lovely Easter Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on the eggs! I'm not so good at detailed projects anymore. (Who am I kidding? I've never had the patience!) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Friend!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely photo for eggs and Easter Sunday! They are beautiful, sheep and cross included! I missed sunrise (sigh) but have a Beautiful Easter Sunday!
    Blessings, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your Easter has been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the sugar eggs! I didn't know people could actually make those. I remember Easter egg hunts when I was a kid and I found the prize sugar egg. It was as big as a grapefruit and had a little hole in it where you could look inside and there was a little Easter scene. I was so proud of myself!!!

    Hey, Dani, wanted to thank you, too, for coming by with your good wishes and prayer for my sweet mother in law. It means so much to me having my blog friends keep me and my little family in prayer.

    I hope your Easter was spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those eggs are gorgeous! I hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?