Friday, April 9, 2010

A Hot Air Balloon Incident....

Yesterday morning, I looked out the front window and saw one of our neighbors looking up at the sky, and on the phone...so I went out the back and this is what I saw....evidently a hot air balloon enthusiast was having trouble and set down just one house over from us...here are a few photos I snapped...



As it came down, lines were thrown over and a fellow in a van pulled up...he got out and pulled on the lines, bringing the balloon cage to earth....




This was taken out our side living room window....you can see how large the balloon is.....they were deflating it to load it into the van...no one was hurt and as you can see the cats were oblivious....I could hear the little girl ( 3 years old ) who lives next door, chattering happily outside...a unique experience for all of us!



Later I heard some lovely chirping and noticed this pretty yellow bird in a neighboring tree..does anyone know what this bird is? we are thinking a gold finch...

6 comments:

  1. My mom went on a balloon ride once and they had an *almost* crash landing in a farmer's cornfield, lol, no one was hurt but my mom fell on her knees and scraped them up a little, you'd never see me in one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a LIVELY Day you had!!! WoW!!
    Glad no one was hurt!
    And what a cool shot of a "matching" bird!!lolol
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! that balloon was huge, glad no one was hurt. I 'd love to go up in a hot air balloon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My natural impulse would have been to jump in the basket and float away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics of the balloon! I'm glad everyone was okay! I'm not sure what kind of bird that is, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That makes for an interesting day, especially for a three year old! Neat pictures. Not sure what the bird is, but it's a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?