Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mom's Recipe Box..Beef and Noodle Medley



I found this clipping that sounded good..I know my  boys will like this ,like most men, they love meaty meals, with either potatoes or noodles....this one was published Feb. 11, 1976...

Beef and Noodle Medley

2 T. oil
1 lb. ground lean beef
1 1/2 c. diced celery
1/2 c. diced onion
1/2 c. diced green pepper
2 c. uncooked medium width noodles
2 cans (1 lb. each) tomatoes, broken up
1 can (15 1/4 oz. to 1 lb, 4 oz.) red kidney beans
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. salt

In a large skillet heat oil. Add meat; saute for 5 minutes..add celery, onion and green pepper. saute 5 more minutes...Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes..
I am going to make this tonight..and use black beans instead of kidney..and not so much celery..(that seems like a lot of me)...will let you know how it is.....I like recipes like this, easy and cheap.....filling ..it can be adapted to your family's likes...could add corn or canned mushrooms...could sprinkle some grated cheese on the last few minutes of cooking....that is always a hit around here!



Thanks for the supportive comments about my post yesterday....I am a California native and have seen firsthand the damage our state as suffered as a result of illegal immigration and I know from the comments, many of you have seen the same result.
Just remember..the states formed the federal government, not the federal government forming the states....we need to get back to the Constitution and States rights.
When I was a senior in high school, all seniors were required to pass a Constitution test to graduate..we had to study the Constitution in Civics class.
Sadly, those classes are no longer available....it could be why many in the Tea Party are older people..did you know that the Tea Party often times gives out copies of the Constitution at the rallies? and in the 9/12 Project, of which I am a member...there are recommended reading lists?

2 comments:

  1. In our school district in Illinois, 8th graders and high school juniors must take a class and pass a test on the U.S. Contitution or they don't get to graduate. I have 2 of those books on order from amazon, the ones about signers and the one about their wives. Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it. Smiles, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`ve made a recipe similar to yours and the black beans sound like a nice change. The recipe I used was also from a newspaper. I enjoy your mothers recipes.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?