Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday


We had a nice ride yesterday down to Encinitas but no photos..so sorry but the weather was really deary and cloudy..not a good day for snapshots.....a storm is coming in or so they say...cooler weather and dark clouds...I found this photo online..its a pretty little beach town..the house we re keyed was a duplex..really nice, two story..one thing I really really liked was the private front courtyard...it was large, tiled with Mexican tile and very pretty with palm trees and tropical plants....very quiet neighborhood also and only a few blocks from the beach.......
The area has really grown up since the time I'd seen it last.....but it still kept its small town feel which is good.....



We planted most of our seedlings today and hopefully they will continue to do well...peas and tomatoes mainly....I hope we don't have but a gentle rain when it comes..if it comes....we are also going to be putting up a clothesline so when the weather is good, I'll be hanging out our clothes instead of using the dryer..it will save us alot of energy, I think...we looked at the umbrella type at Lowes but decided against it as our winds are fierce at time (not good for umbrellas)....the backyard is rather private so no one will see it...

If you haven't subscribed to the Hard Times Newsletter, here is the link the way the world is going, I think we need to be prepared. You may not agree with all their political views but the information is invaluable in an emergency....with what happened in Haiti and Mexico..we all need to be prepared...I am not saying we personally are there yet....not by a long shot..



I've also been working working working on my Bonanzle shop.....as listing is free, I am listing all and I mean all, my patterns, transfers, and craft books...there are alot..at low rock bottom prices...

4 comments:

  1. Dani, I am very uneasy that even if the political unrest that could affect us settles down (like terrorists and drug lords causing problems), Mother Nature could do something, too -- we truly do need to be prepared -- I have freeze-dried veggies and foods and a way to cook them (cast iron kettle on a tripod) -- I agree, be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, feel the need to be prepared. I'm so glad I have some acrage here, and am trying to learn a little about Florida gardening. It's tricky, but doable if you get your seasons right and plants planted at just the right times.

    I used to always hang my laundry outside ---- until they started coming in with bugs! And our wind seems to kick up so much sand and dirt, pollen stains everything, etc., etc., so the dryer seems like a dream. But in hard times, I'd be the first to hang my laundry out.

    I'll be watching to see how your garden grows this year!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani! I see you're a follower of my blog so I thought I'd come over and meet you.

    I love small towns. The buildings are so unique. Sounds like a wonderful place, especially with the beach so close.

    I've not heard of Bonanzle. I will have to check out your shop though. I love a good sale. =]

    Thanks for being a friend, looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to be prepared! It saves a lot for us not using the dryer! If only I didn't get lazy and still use the dryer, lol!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?