Sunday, April 18, 2010

Favorite Places




Thought I'd share a couple of favorite places....we re keyed a property in Oceanside yesterday and went to lunch at IN and OUT....this is a Californian franchise and they have the best burgers..at least we think so......

They have a short menu...Double and single burgers, either cheese or not, fries, sodas and shakes..that's it......but oh, what burgers!

Typically, they are always very busy, especially at lunch and dinner time.....we ate outside and watched the drive through line..it never went down much...the employees come out and walk through the line, taking orders so you never have to wait....

Alan enjoyed some old fashioned lemonade, a double cheeseburger and fries...he says to say that the fries should be eaten first, they are better hot from the fryer......they are handcut and cooked as you order them....from fresh potatoes....I had a great strawberry shake.....

On our drive home, we stopped at the fruit stand that I've mentioned before.......I just snapped photos as we went through the stand....its on the side of the freeway, up on a little hill...behind it is avocado and citrus trees......we bought a large bag of navel oranges and a bag of avocados..they have the best we've found....from Fallbrook....its a very clean and organized stand...











The last time we were here, I bought honey....its all local...I like orange blossom but they are all good..
I hope you enjoyed the visit to some of our favorites..if you ever get to Southern California..please go to a In and Out...and our local fruit stands.....

7 comments:

  1. YUM! That burger looks wonderful and so does the fruit stand, Love all those little honey bears lined up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. never went to In and Out - even though I finished college in CA - there wasn't one up in northern Humboldt County in those days (stone ages - Fred Flintsone and I were classmates!). A good burger is a thing of beauty - here we have a local place called Skinny's Burgers - oh my goodness they are delicious.
    Like the fruit stand and local honey - we buy at our local farmer's market, Thanks for taking us along on a yummy outing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there Dani, We here in Vegas have In and Outs and they are great for sure! I cant eat them hardly anymore but man they are a great hamburger and I love, love, love the fries! And oh the vanilla milkshake is wondderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of In-and-Outs! But haven't ever had one. Today we got a plain cheeseburger from ol' McD's for the dogs to split (and the littlest of the cats likes a bit of the patty, too). I bet they would love the In-and-Out burgers...the fries sure look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..If those pictures don't make you hungry...nothing will..nice pictures Dani..we don't have any farm stands like that around here..at least not that I have seen yet.
    We did take all 4 of the girls for a ride today and I think they enjoyed it..I just posted about it in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me to ass3emble my own cheese burger as its too expensive to buy from outside. One dayy I will make one.

    The avocados and oranges look really great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Dani! My mouth is just watering for a hamburger!!!!! Sounds like a wonderful place. We do have a few veggie stands around and a LOT of U-pick-ems. There is a website where you can find your local You Pick farms. It's fun if it's not too hot.

    Do I remember you saying a long time ago that you had a fig tree that finally bore fruit????? If so, did you have any recipes for the figs? I bought a fig tree this weekend and am excited about it!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?