Saturday, April 24, 2010

Macrame!

I have found a few old macrame plant hanger patterns and have them in my Bonanzle shop.....I've always loved the look of macrame..back in the 70s it was all the rage...there were even entire board and stick shops dedicated to macrame...and classes. Sadly, they are all gone now.....and these patterns are getting rare.....I do hope this craft comes back..its so useful...and
dramatic for plant hangers....easy to do too!

We were given a pretty macrame hanger for a shower gift some 36 years ago that is still used today...I've put poinsettias in it at Christmas time..sunflowers in the summer, daisies in the spring.....fall leaves..well, you get the idea......right now, yellow fabric roses.....

we've enjoyed this hanger for a long time and probably will for many more years..what a great gift, huh?


There is a complete how to book also.......with techniques, etc. plus many patterns for all types of macrame..wall hangings, plant hangers, jewelry, totes, plus more....


I have sold several of these type pattern books and just have a few left..when they are gone, they're gone.....I have one I am giving away with a macrame book purchase...the binding is loose but the pages are quite usable.....


Amazing, what great things that can be made with string and rope!

6 comments:

  1. I remember macrame *flashback to the 70's* lol, there are some beautiful things made that way! My mother used to have several plant hangers when I was little, very colorful too:D
    I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy macrame brings back memories. I never had too much patience for it. But it is still a useful item.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani:) Thanks for visiting my blog and for the compliment on my Ebonee.
    Oh yes, I did macrame in the 70's in high school craft class. They did make beautiful pieces. I would love to see it become all the rage again too. Thanks for sharing this, now I want to do some macrame:)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried macrame but when we visited Minnesota in the 80's the home we visited had several of the outdoor chairs re-done with the macrame instead of the webbing they came with. They looked fabulous and were very comfortable. I adored them and wished to do it when I got back home.

    Well, story goes, I never did!
    Thanks for the memories!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Macrame plant hangers. They last forever. I never did learn how to do it because it was Everywhere. Not smart on my end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I made so many macrame plant hangers about 25 years ago- really had fun doing it! I think they have all been tosed out! Silly me!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?