Thursday, October 1, 2009

I am not in a bloggy mood today.....we woke up to cool skies and wind. It got down into the low 60s last night and yesterday I noticed the fig tree was losing its leaves so I guess fall is here.......I am wondering if we will get any more hot days......
Yesterday, I worked out front, weeded a flower bed, swept the stoop, etc. It looks better...I'd like to decorate the front of the house with some mums and pumpkins but sadly, no funds for that right now......but its neat and clean again.....with the wind, most of the streets leaves comes into our yard.

I've had in the back of my mind a story idea......what do you think of two women who work as locksmiths....I am not sure what to call their company but I've got alot of stories about different rather exciting adventures..spooky houses, funny situations, and things that have actually happened in real life (remember the foreclosed house where they found the dead agent?) I thought have two women would be a little unusual and a good twist. What do you think? and also do you have any ideas for a name for their company?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dani~ sorry your not in a bloggy mood,but you are in a story telling mood huh?? That sounds great with 2 women as locksmiths, I can just imagine some of the adventures they could have, LOL! I don't know about a name, hmmm....how about "Lockbusters"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...that's a good one....I imagine them as being old friends who hadn't seen each other in a few years but circumstances bring them together....the economy, and death of a spouse.....one of them has a teenage son who sometimes goes with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a fantastic idea! I am working on a novel myself, with a Cajun detective (I'm from the N.O. area). Your locksmith duo idea is GREAT!!! Oh my, you might not have the funds NOW to decorate, but just wait until your are writing book after book in your locksmithing mystery series!!!

    As for a name...I wonder...any famous locks they could be named after? Or something like Key and Tumbler?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, very interesting! I like the Lockbusters name, like Ghostbusters, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a great idea, Dani! And I love Carmen's idea, too!
    I was going to say something dumb like "Miss Doorknob and Miss Latchkey"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea Dani..Old school friends that found each other on Face Book and looking for a new carreer would be good and for title...I will have to think about that..I think it would be a good idea..maybe I should do one about my life and change names and juice it up a little huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?