Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday at My House

I've been busy stitching candle mats and am starting some of these tags too....I really think these are cute..the ones above are not made by me but from the Primitive Stitches website....got to give Rhonda credit......I will show you what mine look like when they are done.....a friend is going to two craft shows in November and asked if I wanted to put some of my things with hers so I am giving it a try......the tag patterns I ordered would be suitable to hang on a prim tree.........I always put a small tree in our kitchen/dining room area and hang cooky cutters and now some prim tags....

I am having a little empty nest blues...both boys are out at the dog rescue...Matt's been working out there too, and staying with Don in the trailer at night........I tell myself it could be alot worse...I know they are busy and safe.....I also know they are just about grown and its inevitable...I even cried a bit yesterday.......life is always adjustment, isn't it?

They came home last night and I realized the Lord was working with them..Don has always thought Matt was a little lazy...He know realizes what a good worker Matt is and told me so...he says he's working up a storm..shoveling, cleaning, racking, trimming trees and bushes, repairing fences and dog runs....Don now has a greater respect for his younger brother...Matt is learning too that Don has alot of responsibility and handles it well. Elizabeth (the owner) is pleased as there was so much to be done, and Don can't do it + do running of the rescue too...

“How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.” (2 Samuel 7:22) listen to chapter

6 comments:

  1. Those hang tags are adorable! I am having empty nest blues too, except my son is still here, lol! he will be 18 in December and I'm already dreading the day he leaves me:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh those tags are so cute, Dani! I think they would look adorable hanging on a little tree!
    That is such a sweet story about Don and Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your hang tags come out as well as your candle mats, they will be adorable indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! just wanted to let you know I posted my silicone lights lit, stop over & have a peak:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice story and update about the boys - it will be a blessing for them both. Nothing like the relationship of siblings once they are adults - I love my brother in ways I never realized until we were both grown. Your handiwork is always so impressive - I simply don't do crafts and think those of you who are talented that way are so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these little tags great work! Blessings, Sherri

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?