Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday at My House

Here is my first effort on the Guardian Angel ornaments...not perfect yet, there are some mistakes.....I had a little trouble figuring how to put her together.....know how to do it now....I used seed beads in the flowers on her dress border....
You know me, I always have to have a project to work on....I also just listed more fabric tags in my Etsy shop....
and have a bread cover to sew together today too....I don't plan on ordering any more Christmas patterns now..just completing the things I've started....before we know it, the holidays will be here.....we do decorate alot for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I was going through and reorganizing the other day and found some darling vintage Christmas potholders...I forgot them as they were buried in a box...we had gone to an estate sale and I picked these up...

There are 3 of them...in perfect condition..wish I had the pattern, almost makes me want to crochet again....aren't they pretty? Its so amazing the sales around in our neck of the woods...

4 comments:

  1. love the angel and yes - that crocheted red rose is wonderful - I don't do estate or garage sales - we have too much stuff now! realizing we will probably have to sell our big place and move in near future has made me super aware of "stuff" - but some things are worth space due due to beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your redwork is turning out so nice!

    You really have a talent for embroidery.

    Those vintage potholders are indeed cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you gave such a nice pic that I think I can copy the pattern can you take a pic of the back side for me? Wow girl you are so busy. Im still in Hawaii but as soon as I get home Ill try and make these they are so pretty! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, you always do such nice work; I especially like the Guardian Angel ornie.....

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?