Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This old owl is a vintage transfer pattern...I love to collect them and a few months ago bought a homemade CD on Ebay of very old transfers...this is from the turn of the last century, around 1900...I think I posted a few of these earlier last year.
I rather like owls......they have a reputation of being wise...but actually they are only created for one thing....as predators....they focus on their object and don't look away..but have eyes only for the prey....which is rather wise after all....kinda like as Christians we should be.....with our spiritual eyes focused only on the Lord.
We don't have many owls in our neck of the woods, but do have other predators..mainly red tailed hawks, turkey vultures, and smaller types of hawks like American Kestrals......we also have road runners.....

We woke up to.......rain! Yes, actual wet stuff........this may be a good wet winter for us when we get rain in mid October.......its a El Nino year so its possible...we got a email from a realtor to re key a duplex in Loma Linda also which isn't too far away...about a 40 minute drive. Our lawn is happy!

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Good words for today......and I hope you have a good one......and please if you like the owl, you are free to get a copy of him.......public domain....

2 comments:

  1. Thank'ee, I will help myself to that interesting owl transfer! Those old transfers are drawn so sweetly and are so strong in terms of design. I just love them.

    We have thousands of burrowing owls out here, living with the prairie dogs. It is so strange to see an owl and a prairie dog both on high alert at the mouth of a tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Owls Dani and I used to collect them. This is a fabulous pattern and Yes, owls are becoming popular again this year as with most of nature items.

    It will be beautiful when you finish it.

    I hope you are away from this hill slides with the rain. They look awful. We are near flood stage ll the rain.

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?