Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday Dog of the Week

Yesterday I went out to the dog rescue as Don had left some things home he needed...Our printer died and as I bought two more epatterns, had Don print them out for me on the rescue printer...another reason to visit, not that I needed one...I met the cutest little dachshund named Wolfgang...Don had him in the office and although the other dogs were making a racket...he was friendly and quiet in spite of the noise.....he had a pink bunny toy he carried around in his mouth, it was bigger than him and wanted to play....I threw it about half a dozen times or so. He would get it and bring it back to me, dropping it at my feet...then he'd had enough, went over to his food bowl, got a few bites and laid down...what a sweetie...

I tried to get him to play with the shoe toy you see in the photo, but he wanted the pink bunny.
Such a charming dog...great personality...you can see Wolfgang at the Sun City K-9 Rescue



I also finished most of the embroidery on the table mat I spoke about before..I am thinking of writing Harvest Blessings on it in script..


The little black "berries" are seed beads......I am not sure how I am going to finish this....I do have quite a bit of vintage hand crocheted lace edging but thought that might be over the top...I thought I might tea dye it too......and colorize either the pumpkins or just the stems......work in progress.....it is padded with warm and natural batting...

We've been rather busy every day this week with locksmith calls...either from the realtors or home owners...good week, thank you Jesus! Now if the realtors would start paying us, we'd be ok.......constant problem...
Alan had to get up at 3 this morning and drive to Sylmar for a lock out, north of Hollywood....the lock out was at 7 in the morning! and a 100 mile trip one way.....we have one realtor who is a very nice person, but he sends us out on the longest trips.....

and yes, I worked on my book too.....will have the first chapter done soon....

4 comments:

  1. Wolfgang is so cute!

    Glad you have the work, but gosh, 100 miles one way is so long...

    What a pretty pumpkiny stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitchery is awesome! Wolfgang is a big name for such a little doggie but he sure is a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. little Wolfgang is adorable - a well behaved dachsie shouldn't be too long without a home. Good about the business - yes getting paid is always an issue with realtors - I am not crazy about my professional colleagues but Alan's business seem to continue to grow. Love the pumpkin design - no suggestions as I'm totally not crafty -

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mat is beautiful, Dani! Wonderful job!
    Wolfgang is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?