Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday

We went to the grocery store on Saturday and I used the cart handle cover that Nancy had sent me...what a wonderful and healthy idea! it went on easily with velcro and fit the handle perfectly...so easy to put on and I felt so good about using it.....as I had gotten the flu about a month ago, I didn't want to have that experience again if I can help it.....I had alot of people watching me as I pushed the cart...and felt nothing but positive thoughts....I am more aware now of germs and watched others more carefully in the store just to observe..saw one child with a runny nose wiping his nose with his hand and then touching the cart handle.......that sight was all it took for me to use this cover faithfully.....it can be thrown in the washer when you get home, folded up into it's carrying bag for next time..... these are very unique, no one else makes these but Nancy of Huggins Haven......they would make a great stocking stuffer and a thoughtful gift......I've heard that that grocery cart handles are one of the dirtiest things you can touch..worse than public toilets...protect yourself and your loved ones......


She also has the nicest pincushions! I just love this one...its her newest.....I have one she made that I use all the time and it sits on our end table where I do much of my stitching.......you will find these in her shop also.....
and I have been stitching! Here is my latest Christmas candle mat
kinda a snowman/Christmas tree primitive theme......I am working on a harvest pumpkin table mat too....my own design which I will have done in a few days....not so prim but vintage looking..I plan on colorizing part of it too......you can find my creations here

I started actually writing a few paragraphs last night for my book.........but I didn't realize how difficult it would be to do.........stretching my mind which is a good thing.....I figure if I do a few paragraphs a day, it will start flowing as time goes on...I know characters have a life of their own...the hardest part is getting started!

5 comments:

  1. I love the candle mat and the blueberry pin cushion, how cute:) Those cart handle covers are great, what a wonderful idea!!!I'm glad it kept you safe from the nasty germs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, especially now with all that flu going around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea...that should certainly help keeping germs at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candle mat Dani, and the shopping cart cover is a really neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani..I have NEVER seen any Candle Mats as Beautiful as yours and Hand Stitched makes them even better...A true work of Art. What a GR8 Christmas or BD or even Mothers Day gift they would be.
    Definately One of a Kind

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?