Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday Dog of the Week

Introducing Monty, a pure bred Miniature Schnauzer...he is a mellow fellow, a senior in dog years at 8 years old....a great gentleman, with good manners, he is completely house worthy, and will sit at the door waiting to do his business..is well trained,he dearly loves other dogs, cats and children...a real sweet guy for the right person or family......his eyes look so hopeful, don't they? His former owner had to go into a nursing home...to see Monty in person, please visit the Sun City K-9 Rescue or check out their website for more information.....


Alan and I visited the dog rescue yesterday, and were impressed at all the work that is being done.....Don even has a little area fixed for the poultry he has rescued.....he now has a little white silky chick as well as the duck.....its so cute, the chick thinks the duck is her mom and follows everywhere, trying to hide under her at times..and the female duck thinks the chick is a duckling and is tolerating the attention..so its a win/win for both of them...Don has a nice area set aside and is put in the pool we found for the duck........he wants to build up the area and put in some grass. I just hope the duck doesn't try to teach the silky to swim!

2 comments:

  1. Now, Monty breaks my heart. What a sad situation, he's such a good dog and obviously has been well-loved and trained...

    What beautiful and kind work your husband and you and the others at the Rescue do for these animals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your son will always have a special place in my heart Dani for all that you do for all the unwanted pets...I guess I missed my calling and would have loved to do something like that.
    I will need to take the puppies for their shots soon and also need to get them fixed so I will be listing some of the pin cushions I made and some other things for sale in my selling blog and will post a link when I do. The money from the sales will go towards my puppies needs (Calli and Maggi)
    I would still like to put up some kind of fenced in area for them so they will be safe. They took off on me again today and this time they went down the road and it is dangerous out there with cars and also the snakes from the field across the road.
    I will be having a give away in my blog and will let you know when I post it so you can help spread the word for me.
    Please keep us informed about the dog this week and if he finds a home.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?