Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday evening

I am sitting here at the computer, listening to Pastor Chuck, Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, live for the Sunday evening service.......it starts at 7:00 pacific time so if you'd ever like to hear some good teaching and sometimes good music..its the place to be.....here is the link....Calvary Chapel..you may have to download some software but its so worth it.......a few days ago, I heard Love Song live on there..really enjoyed it.....I ordered a remastered DVD of Love Song. Pastor Chuck is teaching on Revelation right now and he's terrific.....


We had a very warm weekend....I don't know about you but I prefer fall and winter.....our garden and yard look rather sad...the roses have shut down blooming, its just too hot...we've been watering often too.....this summer has been rather cool until now....too hot to cook, I grilled some hamburgers tonight and salad........we've been enjoying our tomatoes and popping the cherry ones like candy..I leave them cleaned and in bowl cold for snacking....we also found a good deal on cherries so been snacking on them too. One thing about summer, there are usually lots of fruit...at least here, is it the same where you are, dear reader? I hope so......Our peaches are getting ripe, I've got a few here on the counter ripening...can't really leave them on the tree as the birds like them as much as we do....


We got our first ear of corn too which Alan got ...the corn was his idea and he's babied the stalks for several months now....so it only seemed fair for him to enjoy the first one...

6 comments:

  1. Mighty pretty veggies ye have there!

    The bi-color corn looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, Dani! This is the first time in weeks that I've been able to read a lot of my favorite blogs. I'm just getting pages with no posts!!!! VERY frustrating for me.

    Your veggies look so yummy! Corn is my favorite, so I would have been fighting Alan for that one!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. The veggies look good, Dani... it's been very mild here until this past weekend- now it's too hot to even be outside and our garden is suffering. (And the animals are too.) Hubby said just yesterday he is ready for fall.
    Thanks for the link- I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the veggies do look so good! Our gardens are so done here in Florida, yet other states are just beginning to harvest their goodies! The corn looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our vegetable garden is way behind yours...I'm envious!! We usually don't get to harvest much until August or September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ill be right over for a nice bowl of veggies:) heehee Thanks for letting me know that Calvary Chapel had a podcast I went and got a lot of his services I listened to the first one this am because dog got me up early so here I am heehee reading your blog as usual. Blessings for a great harvest and cool day...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?