Friday, July 24, 2009

These are Beverly Hills apples...never heard of them? its no wonder as they are only produced in small quantities...in home gardens...especially developed for our climate...they are medium sized, and when ripe will have a little pink on them...they are so good, crunchy, slightly tart and sweet too...great for cooking pies and also just eating......our tree is young so there are not too many.
Alan has a great love for apples...I think they are his favorite fruit.



I just ordered and received this book...its Glen Becks newest....and we always watch his show...he is right in that does our President and congress know where all this government interference is taking us? what is going to be the outcome? I don't think they know or care. I know they blame the previous administration for taking us on this road...but I liken it to a boy scout troop that is hiking in the woods...the leader takes the group off the main path, then leaves them..a new leader is elected...do they continue on that wrong path or backtrack and find the right one? If they go too far into the woods, they may never find their way back.

I would encourage you to read this book, it's not very expensive, I ordered mine though Walmart and it was less than ten dollars with shipping....

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of that kind of apple before! How unique and how really NEEDED in the hotter parts of the country. Our local college has 2 apple trees, but I don't know what kind they are, they do make small apples and the bunnies and prairie dogs enjoy eating the ones that have fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read that book. I listen to Glenn all the time. Have to get me a copy...

    I love old photographs, too, especially family. When I look at them, I think about their lives and how hard it must've been, and how their lives affected me and the kind of person I am. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?