Friday, July 3, 2009

The Second Book.......

This is the Saturday Evening Post Treasury I was telling you about yesterday...its a large hardcover book and in great condition...the pages are slightly yellowed but that is the only damage for a book that is almost 60 years old.....
Here is the signature on the inside cover.....I thought it was touching and sweet.....and there many photos of the Post Norman Rockwell covers +

Old advertising
But what I think its the best part are all the good short stories and poetry......its really fantastic to have so many great stories under one cover.......
I usually put these vintage books in my shop but don't really want to part with this one....can you blame me? Its so refreshing to read such good writing.......TV is getting boring although we've been watching old movies in the evening...my oldest came in and asked why we were watching a old 1935 black and white movie called "The Women" the other night.....I explained if you haven't seen it, its new to you....we've also watched "Fiddler on the Roof", and"My Fair Lady"..Alan's discovered he likes musicals! He never saw these before, but I did as my friend Kay and I as teens loved these..I remember seeing "Camelot" too....

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" Phillipians 4:8

2 comments:

  1. You sure did get a treasure in that old book!

    LOL, I love yr line: If you haven't seen it before, it's new to you...will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic, it used to be so neat to wait for the new Saturday Eveningi Post to arrive to see what Norman Rockwell had for the cover. Happy memories, thank you.
    Love the movie " The Women" I forgot that was the year it was made. Old movies back then had such great dialogue. My favorite oldie is called " The Enchanted Cottage". giggle I think I have watched it about 50 times at least.

    I just wanted to thank you for the link and I added your blog to my sidebar. It is under "Blogs that impress me" and yours is so very special.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?