Monday, December 8, 2008

We got started!

Alan and I dug out all the Christmas boxes and started decorating..here is our Christmas village..still needs some tweaking as some of the lights were burned out and the top cabinet light is also.....


Here is a garland I made last year, using my prim mini donuts and gingerbread men...I used some homespun and jute with wooden red beads too..

The boys really like this little set I made using a old cigar box...the mice are visiting Santa.....the Phat brothers and little Tinny mouse.....Santa Mouse (really Uncle Squiggles) is giving out old Cracker Jack toys....


Here is Uncle Squiggles aka Santa Mouse


The Phat brothers....Joko Phat is wearing a little "bling", he found a old toy and a bit of string for a necklace


Little Tinny got his present already and is waiting for the others..

Mice don't spell for very well...I am not sure if Santa will be giving the brothers any presents this year, they may get coal. They have a little "attitude"...smiles..
I gave all the mice rusty wire paws so they can really hold their gifts...had a lot of fun creating these guys...and they all fit inside the box after the holiday...

Opps! Almost forgot the postcard


On our little antique kitchen cupboard...I have a Christmas plum pudding..


and a prim apple pie..

They both smell really great....

wishing everyone a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dani... you are so creative and talented!! I just love your little garland- I love gingerbread men!!
    The mice are adorable, even if they can't spell very good!! LOL
    I wiah so much I cold visit your home to see all your decorations in person- I know it would be so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little mice are just too cute - don't your cats get a bit curious at times? Your decor is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dani, I love the little mouse vinette! Its magical.

    Christmas blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you make is darling Dani, I love the garland, and your village sare awesome.I used to be an AOL host for Dpartment 56 and we had display contest. Great fun it was! Your pie and pudding would be good with my coffee this AM.
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?