Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday Pet of the Week, Prayer Requests,

This is Sassy, she is a sheltie mix and is microchipped..very nice dog and great with kids, she is 4 years old and loves to go on walks....would be a wonderful loving pet for a family..I don't know her background but possibly given up because of the financial situation so many are having...she is housetrained also.....you can find her at Sun CityK-9 Dog Rescue
*************************************************************************************
No worries here on the fire situation....its far from us now.......thanks for the concern. Please pray for all the firefighters, rescue workers, police. and the people who have been evacuated from their homes, Red Cross workers too.....
***************************************************************************************
Speaking about the financial situation in this country.....there seems to be some sloppy thinking about redustribution of wealth...the Democratic candidate wants to tax the wealth and corporations and give it to the middle class and poor...a kind of social experiment...but when I put ourselves in the place of the wealthy or corporation...what would I do? I'd have one of several options...first, find loopholes to hide some of the money, downsize and let workers go to get to a lower tax base, quit, or depending on how big the company is, move overseas.
Did you see the conversation Obama had with a plumber? he tried to tell the plumber that it was a good thing for him to be heavily taxed, it was patriotic...it didn't go over very well.


I'm sure the poor are going to create jobs, aren't you?

I am trying to find a halloween type background forthis blog but all the pumpkin type ones are too bright and glaring.....this will have to do..I went through about 6 of them......good news is I found a really nice one for the holidays.

3 comments:

  1. Though our tv is on Fox News much of the time (most of the time), I hadn't seen that video. I wonder, were the liberal left-wing media news stations showing it?

    I want Sassie. I hope she gets a loving family soon. She has such a soulful look about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new background - tastefully autumnal! Sweet dog - I could become one of those nutty old women with dozens of animals were I not firmly grounded in the reality of what it takes to care properly for animals! I'd seen this news clip - like any reasonable person - the phrase redistribute wealth harkens to Robin Hood - fun story but lousy way to run a country. Cutting taxes and increasing spending - how DOES that work? Avoiding the televised debate tonight - I'm pretty much done with listening - eaerly voting here in Texas starts on the 20th - we are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are safe and well, Dani. You've been in my prayers.

    I just finished a redwork stitchery. Now mom & I are beginning a redwork Bible quilt. Lots of stitching going on here.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?