Friday, October 3, 2008

My Thoughts

Did you watch the debate last night? Most of America did and I know we were so happy to see the real Sarah Palin...not the caricature that the media had projected the last few weeks...she is a real person with a good head on her shoulders, witty, personable and intelligent...very likeable..
she made no mistakes and did very well...
I also discovered that the other candidate, Joe Biden is a good man, I don't like the Democratic platform but he came across as a good American and a good moral person too....he did make quite a few mistakes, at least 9...about John McCains voting record in particular.
I think whatever happens in this election, we are going to be seeing a lot more of Sarah Palin and she has a bright future ahead of her..I would love to see more conservative women in politics.
*************************************************************************************
I am feeling a bit better this morning...been gargling with warm salt water and its helping my throat....old fashioned treatment that works...along with lots of fluids, Motrin and rest.....about the only thing one can do for a cold....I can't take most of the cold pills that are on the market....they make me too tired and sleepy...I do take Nyquil at night which knocks me out completely....the gargling has helped the most and taking the soreness away.
Do you have any good cold treatments you use?

3 comments:

  1. Ditto to the debate comments!

    As to cold treatments, I'm like you; I can't take OTC cold meds. I get that horrible medicine head feeling. I'm then of no use whatsoever. I pretty much do as you do, even down to the Nyquil at bedtime. Sometimes, if I'm really bad, I make myself a hot toddy. I do NOT like whiskey. It gags me, but we do keep a medicinal bottle on hand. A cup of hot tea with a shot of whisky, a squeeze of lemon, and a spoonful of honey drank right before bed does help me settle into sleep.

    I hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip about the hot toddy...I don't like whiskey either but there are times it can be put to good use. Our pioneer forefathers always took it on the trail for just such a reason....its a good disinfectant too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes I just had my yearly flu shot tonight. Im praying for you to feel much better. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?