Saturday, May 17, 2008

The hollyhocks are really starting to bloom now..especially with our warm weather...its been in the low 100s for the last two days.....I took this photo yesterday.....
and this just a few moments ago

There is a white one opening too
These plants might have done well there as its right next to the sprinkler lines and gets plenty of water...plus morning sun and afternoon shade...I hope to collect the seeds, give a few away, and try to plant more on the other end of this fence to balance it. We've only been in this house for a little over 3 years so there is still things we want to plant, etc...I've been trying to talk Alan into building some square foot gardening boxes and letting some of the lawn go...but so far its no. He does like to grow vegetables though so perhaps one day....all the lawn really eats up our water bill.

6 comments:

  1. Terrific hollyhocks and if we paid for water bill I wouldn't have any lawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous, Dani. Do they do better in really hot weather? I think Annie Fannie told me it had already been 100 out there! WHEW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hollyhocks are gorgeous!!
    Thank you for sharing - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, I love your Hollyhocks. I have been to several gardening places here in Southern California and I have not been able to find Hollyhock plants. I didn't want to start by seed, but I guess I am going to have to unless you know of a place mail order I could buy some! Thanks for sharing the pictures, yours are just gorgeous! I am jealous!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog via Cora. I love the pictures of your hollyhocks. That is a difficult plant to grow in our part of Florida. I'll be back for other visits.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog
    I will be visiting you often
    Thanks Dotty

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?