Friday, January 28, 2011

A Old Photo

My brother inlaw posted old family photos on Facebook..Low and behold! there was one I'd never seen before, this is  yours truly with hubby some 35 years ago...how do you like the shag hair cut? My mother in laws  house is very tiny but full of love and good times....coming from a small family ( I have one brother), I was a little overwhelmed by the Iowa family but fell in love with all of them..all of Alan's 9 brothers and sisters and my inlaws were wonderful to me...now of course, most of them are grandparents.....its been 10 years since we've been back. I sure miss seeing many of their smiling faces.....we lost Alan's dad some time ago but Mom is still living and still lives in the tiny warm house....I am happy though as we do talk through Facebook...and if you haven't joined...you can connect with people that you may not have seen for years...I even found a old room mate from when I was going to college....40 years ago now.....

8 comments:

  1. How did we use to entertain ourselves without facebook and blogs? LOL
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blast from the past! I love finding old pictures like that! I love Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! Handsome couple!! Time does fly doesn`t it? I love the description of your mother-in-laws home. I was very close to my husbands family too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful I love old photos an d the memories atatched with them. How wonderful.

    Your circus cats are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow we kept in touch, but I do like facebook. Never thought it would be as useful/fun as it is for me, but it's kept me up to date with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Dani, you two were so cute! I use FB too, found a few old friends from high school that way and I can message my son whenever too:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those fabulous smiles also and that orange coffee mug. I had the large family and miss those old going home times. We all change as we lose loved ones!

    It would be wonderful for you to visit again!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love your hairdo, Dani!! Does Alan still have a beard?
    Old pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?