Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Birthday




I turned 57 today.....wow.....I certainly don't feel that old....I have looked back a lot in the earlier posts of this blog and I think as we age, we do tend to look back to years before....but I don't want to dwell in the past but look forward to the future..There is still many things I want to do like:
1. Ride in a hot air balloon...they go over our house often and think how much fun it would be
2. Learn to play the piano....especially beloved hymns and rag time
3. Travel! I'd love to go visit my dear friends in Texas, also my brother and his
family....go back and see the family in Iowa...travel down the East Coast and see
all the historical sites.....
4. I'd like to take a trip on a steam boat down or up the Mississippi
5. Visit the historical society in St. Louis and find out more about my great
grandpa...find his grave
6. Learn to needlepunch..
7. Live long enough to see my future grandchildren....
8. Go to Europe again and to Egypt and the Holy Land..
9. Write a great mystery book.

I have done a few of my goals,...did go to England and Scotland...have traveled cross country on the AMTrac sleeper train twice (which was a blast)....I've learned to
crochet and knit, and written this blog! plus lots more which would take too long to go into.....
Matt (our youngest) (16) made me a carrot cake for today. Our other boy had to work today....the dogs always need him although he wanted to stay home. My good friend and sister Kay sent me a wonderful long email and card which I was really happy about...life is good and I owe everything to my wonderful Savior and Friend, Jesus!

6 comments:

  1. I'm here, but do see the connection that you mentioned on my blog? Happy Birthday to you, so glad I'm here, I love your blog and am so glad you got signed up for my clipboard giveaway! I also love your recipe card idea,very cute! I'll be back, hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear friend Dani,
    Happpppy Birrrrtdayyy toooo youuuu!

    Let's learn to needlepunch together!

    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Dani! What a wonderful list of dreams!!!! I hope you blew out all your candles and that each and every one of those wishes come true for you! LOVE the picture, too! Just perfect. Carrot cake. . . .my all time favorite! I'm drooling again! Cora

    ReplyDelete
  4. A VERY HAPPY belated Birthday wish to you, Dani!!!

    I loved reading your list of life's goals. I hope you get to do each and every one and enjoy TONS more that you haven't even dreamed up yet!

    Love & Hugs... *Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wish you a Belated Birthday and EAT MORE CAKE! I adore a good carrot cake, and the icing! well we are the same age until my Birthay in August, I have fond memories of our childhood too. We grew up in a great time, not so many worries as today for our parents at least.

    SMILES, make a wish and BLOW HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy late Birthday!!! I hope it was a grand one!!! :)

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?