Thursday, February 28, 2008

This photo is of a prosperous rancher around 1910, I found this photo on the internet....historical society websites are sometimes a good place to find vintage photos and they are for the large part public domain....but always check.

I don't comment on politics usually, ....we have a odd situation here in Menifee....the school district ran a school bond before the county as they said we needed new schools, which narrowly passed, immediately afterwards, the state cut back funding to schools and the district lost over $10 million dollars...they've been having meetings and have decided to close one of the exisiting schools....and also cut out bus service, which to my understanding will lay off bus drivers and other employees...the bond seems to be a moot point, although our property taxes each month will be going up, and for what? They had planned on
building 3 new schools....while closing one...odd and bizarre to my way of thinking. Most parents of elementary school children are very upset as the school they are closing is one of our best.
I am glad we only have one son and he's a junior in high school...he just enrolled in the River Springs charter school in Wildomar...he wants to finish high school in their independent study program....while working with his dad, learning locksmithing. He will get credit also for the work he does so its win win for him. I am not sure if he will continue and get his locksmith license or do something else later but its always good to have many skills...
From what I have read, in the old days, back in the 19th century, having many skills really paid off...I know my grandfather, who was born in 1886,and never went to school, was a cowboy, a farmer,a foundry worker, a baker, and a apartment building owner. He invested in stocks, struggled through the Depression, yet made money.....when he passed, he was able to give each of his 4 children, a good inheritance...a good example of someone with faith, diligence, honesty, and strength. He and Grandma never gave up or gave in, they trusted God to get them through.

I think our country is going through a rough time, but no worries..
our country was built on rough times....rough times will make us get down on our knees, call out to God and make us stronger people.

How Firm a Foundation


How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
You, who unto Jesus for refuge have fled?

In every condition, in sickness, in health;
In poverty’s vale, or abounding in wealth;
At home and abroad, on the land, on the sea,
As thy days may demand, shall thy strength ever be.

Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

Even down to old age all My people shall prove
My sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
And when hoary hairs shall their temples adorn,
Like lambs they shall still in My bosom be borne.

The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites of the old, old hymns, Dani! I often sing that verse that starts, When through fiery trials thy pathyway shall lie. . .! Thanks for the reminder of my old hymnal!

    LOVE the picture!!!!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?