Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday

Just wanted to say hello and hope you have a great Wednesday...been busy stitching and crocheting.....making a baby afghan...a ripple one..I haven't crocheted in some time and after getting it  1/4th done decided to tear it out and start over...using a smaller hook as  it looked too loose. It felt good to have a crochet hook in my hand though..been some years..I taught myself...my grandmother crocheted and I have quite a few of her pretty doilies and such but she passed before I was old enough to learn from her. My mom didn't crochet or knit...but did embroider and quilt which she taught me....

Why a baby afghan? well, we found out a few months ago, we are expecting our first grandchild! Our oldest son and his fiancee are expecting a little one....a boy...he is due  August 14th..they have  named  him, Jayden Alan.....please pray that all goes well as his mother is very small..we hope she will be able to carry him to term...so far he is very healthy and growing well.....only 3 more months so we are hopeful....

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Dani!!!!!! That is awesome news, and my grandson is due August 18th, LOL, so we will have to see who is "grammy" first! Will def. keep them all in my prayers, my DIL should be moving to HI anytime now, as soon as they tell my son it's OK to book her flight:) Have a wonderful day, happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! Nothing better than making all those little baby things. It's been a long time since I did any crocheting, too. I did make a lot of those ripple afghans, though. I remember when the green and gold was all the rage. Those were the colors of my first one I made. But there were delicate white ones, too, for new babies!
    I'll be praying with you, Dani! Just keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Grandbaby! My grandmother taught me the basics of crochet. I`ve been at it 40 plus years and I have pulled apart an afghan here and there too, but I do love it.

    My Wednesday is sunny, about 70, but wind gusts are about 50 mph. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your delightful news! I am certain that an afghan made by Grandmum shall be cherished indeed!

    Happy day to you...

    Warmly, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Dani~ I don't know how I missed this post but CONGRATS!!!
    I know you all have to be so excited about a new baby in the family! I will pray all goes well for them!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?