Monday, April 4, 2011

Balloon!


Yesterday on our walk, we noticed a truck and some people gathering across the road...wondered what they were doing until we zoomed in with the camera.....

 I think you can figure it out too....this was a very large balloon......they hooked up a huge blower..you could hear the noise above the traffic....
we hurried back to the house, climbed up the terraces and watched from our backyard..as the balloon got larger and larger, I did try to take a video for  you all but my computer won't accept it as the file is too large..sadness as I captured the sounds of the blowers as it uprighted...
you can see how big it is comparing it to the men that surround it.......would you like a ride?

up, up and away!

5 comments:

  1. Cool pics. If I were to ride in that people below would have to watch out for........well, I won't go into that. LOL

    I'm terrified of heights and have serious motion sickness.


    (LOVE the painted eagle rock!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pictures... don't you just love these kind of moments?? Seeing these things and following them! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever been up in a balloon? I have! It was definitely a long way down when I looked over the side of the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went up in a hot air balloon in Utah about six years ago. Probably wouldn't do it again, but the view was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?