Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Garden Tour

I walked around our garden early this morning.....and thought I'd share a few photos....this is the Don Juan climbing rose arbor, loaded with blooms right now...and  through it, you can see Mrs. Quack, and the African Sumac tree...way beyond that, our Beverly Hills apple tree and then the retaining wall...the apple tree has quite a few blooms also...



other roses are blooming ...these are very fragrant and lovely but the sun wasn't cooperating this morning...here is the same rose that Alan cut and put in the bathroom...I am not sure what the name of these are...
 this is the  true color...
what a difference the right light makes!
The vegetable garden is in..Alan planted 6 more tomato plants (Roma for sauce) so it makes a total of 48 plants which is about right for all the canning we do......we are planning on making  ALOT tomato soup this year as it was so good and we ran out early.
Alan put out a live trap for the squirrel...the cocky little guy was perched on the retaining wall, chirping away yesterday evening like he owned the place.....hopefully we'll catch him and take him out into the country for a new home....


Our weather has been cool, and overcast most days..in the 60s...but the sun does come out in the afternoons...
we are still watching the eagles nest and today its covered with snow.The parents are so good and are keeping the babies warm......Decorah Eagles...I was wondering how long it takes for the babies to mature..doesn't anyone know?
That's about it for today...hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday...

7 comments:

  1. OH MY! Your rose arbor is just gorgeous!!!!! Everything is so pretty! We are in a very rainy, chilly spell here, hoping it warms up soon! Have a wonderful day Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carmen~ your arbor is gorgeous, Dani. And those roses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory be to God I am so happy I could open your blog after ages. Hugs to you Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! How beautiful! I just love your flowers. How about a picture of the veggie garden? I
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful yard Dani. Wildflowers are my garden. Drought tolerant etc. Despite a wet winter wildflowers are not abundant this year in my area. Some summers I`d like to lose the "practicality" and smell old roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is gorgeous! What beautiful flowers you have! I'm not sure about the eagles.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?