Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Chat

A artist I follow has some wonderful prim items she's created on her blog and I just had to share with you...this one is my favorite..my MIL collects cardinals.....and I think this one is the bomb...what do you think? You can find him and much much more at BayRaysChild..she also has a wonderful wonderful Basset hound, other birds and dolls so I hope you will take a look...great eye candy..I hope one day to be able to purchase something from her..
My sales have been flat since Christmas and I need to get going with some creations myself....mostly been organizing and cleaning, Saturday..I was cleaning out the fridge when Alan decided to help...a cursory clean job turned into a major one when he took the entire fridge insides apart...it was a good thing too....really grungy in spots.....guys are good to have around, aren't they?
I rewarded him with a apple/cranberry pie, sugarfree

I am finding the pie crust recipe from Pioneer Woman needs to have less shortening...I used a cup instead of a cup and a half..much easier to roll out and only tore in one spot this time....I also think I should have used an egg wash on the top so it would have browned a little more..with no sugar..browning can be a problem....but it was so tasty. I also baked a single crust and froze it to make a cream pie later.....Alan's partial to banana cream pie...

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a tasty-looking crust!

    I'm partial to any type of pie...just love PIE...

    That cardinal sure is pretty! I like the wing having a different print on it than the body.

    Etsy sales are down...our wonderful economy...and the lack of HOPE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness Dani!
    What a surprise!
    Thank you so much for the mention that was very thoughtful of you.

    Here I sit trying to refrain from going downstairs for a snack and you've got this ever so tempting pie posted. Yum!

    Hugs, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girlfriend of mine purchased the cookbook for me this Christmas and I have made so many of the recipes (tonight I made the enchiladas). I too tend to alter and make them my own. or maybe it means I can't follow a recipe ;o) Your pie looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?