Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday..ducks!

I found this duck pattern in an old Workbasket magazine and thought they'd be fun as a candle mat..what do you think? had fun making it anyway....just in time for spring and Easter..I'm working on a second one with Easter eggs all around, each one different, my own design...

I padded this well so am thinking it would make a good hot pad for the table too....
We got up early this morning and drove up to Fontana which is about an hour trip to re key a rental house.....for a property management company...I am hoping to get more business this way.....quicker payment than the foreclosure realtors....it was a lovely ride...the hills and fields are so very green after all the rain we've had..it rained all last night....on the way home, we stopped at Costco and got a few things....had to be very strict and just get what was on the list...didn't stray too far off...but we did find some nice Agave syrup I've been wanting to try as a sweetener....I am going to experiment and see if I can use it making homemade granola for Alan.
This evening I made the Hamburger soup recipe and when Matt (our son) came in, he said how great the house smelled.....he ate a big bowl too along with a slab of cornbread.....

6 comments:

  1. The ducks are adorable. I'm keeping strict with shopping, too. I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond this afternoon and was diligent in only buying from the list and only what was necessary, not what was "nice." I'm working on taking lunch to work and got supplies to assist with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been using the agave syrup for a while - it is very good and a "light" sweet taste. Costco is an easy place to go far off one's list. Love the duck design - adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cute Dani! Is it almost Easter? GoodNess! Getting close isn't it...
    Happy Sunday to you!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your duck design is so cute! We use Agave syrup and it is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's good to know...I haven't tried it before..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love those little ducks! So old-fashioned! They are just adorable.

    The agave syrup sounds so interesting! Well, it ought to be good, agave, after all, is what pulque and tequila comes from...lol...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?