Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday



Nancy just listed this runner she finished....great for the 4th and beyond..I really like it and only wish I had a little more in my Paypal account...you'll find this under Everything Else on her selling blog..Huggins Haven...she has two nice handmade quilts there too. All funds go towards Callie's heartworm treatment...which is expensive.....

I spent yesterday afternoon, weeding the side yard where our berry bushes and fig tree are...a bit of a job but it was nice getting out into the sunshine..our weather has been really nice, in the 70s most days and sunny..with rain here and there....it rained last night..My legs feel it today though...but I really want to get out and exercise more.....today I cleaned off our patio somewhat...got rid of a few things, cleaned and swept...

We got some bids last week on concrete repair...about 4 years ago, a construction company across the main street behind our house did blasting...which was a disaster.. blasting going on at all hours.....they closed off the street during the big blasting, rocks flew everywhere and the ground shook like an earthquake..our concrete cracked badly in areas..both in the backyard, side and the front yard. Some of the neighbors who had pools had the bottom of their pools crack..and one lady who was outside got hit by rocks...of course, there were alot of phone calls made to the main branch who ignored our complaints....so we've gotten together with others and are in a class action law suit...
Our lawyer goes to court this next month..fortunately, before the worst blast..Alan walked down to the field by our house and took a video....you can actually see rocks fly and the ground raise up....the concrete people say we need our big patio entirely redone..and its almost 60 ft. long and 20 ft wide...we had concrete poured out front for a RV parking area and that is cracked in two...so will have to be redone also.....
The blasting company is ignoring the lawyers letters but I think with all the evidence (alot more than just the video) we will win easily.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh hon I hope you do win. That is just crazy behavior by those blasted blasting people. How rude and idiotic of them! Concrete work is just so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani for your help again with Maggies treatments..we take both pups back this Friday to get their stitches out and we are going to check out Andalusia while we are there..looks much better than here.
    I would be upset too if someone did all that damage to my home..Keep us informed as to what happens.
    I will be taking pics today (guess I will have to dress warm...kind of cold but the sun is shining)
    and I will be listing some more items.
    I did find 1 craft show in Andalusia that I could afford on April 1st..hope I do good...want to get vet paid off before any of the other dogs need tests or more shots :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?