Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mama's Recipes and cooking

The other day, I was digging through a box and found my mothers old recipe box....brought back many good memories...she was a wonderful cook as were her two sisters..One of her sisters, my Aunt Alyce had worked for the Spokane school district for years as a cook when schools had cafeterias...plus my mom's brother had his own candy store for years and years..made all the candy, from fudge to caramels.....
so of course, when they came to visit, the conversation was food and lots of good cooking...my mother wrote down alot of the recipes and also did clipping out of newspapers and magazines....
here is Ann Landers famous meat loaf recipe that was in the paper in 1995..

Dump cake recipes were really popular back in the 80s.......as was this recipe for no bake brownies....in Mom's handwriting...
Every Thursday, I will post a recipe and make one of these goodies...it will be fun.....there are recipes going back 30 years or more so a little time travel too......

4 comments:

  1. It's so nice to find things our mother's treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice, Dani! I have my mother's cookbooks, too. And all the little newspaper scraps she so faithfully cut out and tried.

    It will be fun to see what you chose each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW yummmmo, I grew up on Meatloaf and dumpcake. This will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a treasure, Dani... I have my Mom's cookbook too, and I love the recipes in her handwriting... something about seeing her penmanship makes me feel good inside.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?