Friday, January 15, 2010

We've been hearing about the conditions in Haiti and praying for the residents, and rescuers......so many have been killed..last count over 40,000...just terrible.........so much aid is flowing into the area which is good and I think with the military there now, things will settle down some...sure hope and pray so.....
I was wondering why there was so much destruction and wondered if we had an earthquake of the same magnitude, if there would be something similar....I don't think so as our construction is better suited to handle earthquakes..but we do live along the San Andreas fault so if it were really bad, who knows?
I remember being told what to do in an earthquake, and also to fill your bathtubs with water if you can..may not be good for drinking but will be good for other uses......we always have some bottled water here for drinking........but truly are not prepared as well as we should be........makes one think, doesn't it?

We are getting ready for up to 5 big storms that will start on Sunday evening.....thank the Lord as we sure need the rain.......both the boys are working at the rescue today and getting everything ready out there.
I was out there yesterday and they have a rescued ginger cat that I am seriously thinking of bringing home...she is very affectionate and sweet.......she's in the office and ready for her new family...gotten her shots, feline leukmia test and also microchipped......
.

She's prettier than her photo.......she's kinda on the small side and might fit in with our other two furballs......I am thinking about asking if we could foster her for a week or so before adopting to see if the other cats will accept her......

7 comments:

  1. Oh hon, I hope that ginger works out for you...she looks such a sweetie, what gorgeous fur and eyes...love the pink nose leather...why oh why won't people unite and neuter their animals? I blame quite a few of the vets, too -- out here they make people wait MONTHS for a spay/neuter appt -- you HAVE to buy a city s/n certificate, and since it's only $40, the vets are in no hurry to honor it -- I always pay cash on the barrelhead and it costs about $150 and up but I am not going to play their game and have my rescued animals add to the birthrate...

    BE CAREFUL during those storms...you get scary winds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do bring that lovely cat home - she is a beauty and her face looks so sweet.
    The Haiti situation is a tragedy and one can hope the help which is going there will be distributed to those in real need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little furness! You must take her home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does make one wonder! I know if y'all live near the fault line that the construction has to be much better. I read something that said they had been told not to build there like they did, but they didn't listen. It can't ever hurt to be better prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dani ...

    I'm so glad we are getting the rain ..Well goodness I think we need to move out to your area ..Quiet is what we want. We went out today looking at property out off Sage rd. But prices are still higher than we can manage. We are seriously considering moving back out of state.

    Thanks for stopping in tonight ..

    By the way I love your primitive group blog for ministering the word of God !!!

    I'm headed over now to become a follower...

    Blessings ..Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous!! I hope it works out, that would be awesome for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww.... she's so pretty, Dani!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?