Sunday, January 17, 2010

Road Trip...Redlands

We got an email this morning for a re key job in Redlands.....we have been there once before and were very impressed with the town...many darling cute cottages, orange groves and mountain views........here are a few photos I snapped.....










We stumbled upon the University of Redlands...a beautiful campus...Alan wants to put the photos he took of the campus on his blog so check there in a day or two....
We are sure glad we went today as this evening the first of the storms came in and its raining...tomorrow its supposed to pour so just as well, The Big Guy doesn't have to drive that far in the storm.......
The house we re keyed was fairly easy...I actually took off the all the locks, and then re installed them when Alan had changed the pins.....felt proud of myself as I often have trouble putting knobs back on....dead bolts are easy but knobs are more of a challenge....I'm not very mechanical minded...and its a struggle at times...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dani~ those are some cute houses there and is that an orange tree up top?? I love the little house with the picket fence:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dani, it IS hard to put the knobs back on -- I have one for the backdoor and no matter how I adjust it, it works loose a funny way and I'm always having to jiggle it and mess with it -- it takes some fine, fine motor skills to mess with locks...

    Gosh, the Redland is a beautiful town, I am wishing I could live there!!! Just the kind of houses I like, so cute...and looks like things GROW there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes..they have orange groves in town and tons of pretty Victorian homes...cute little cottages and things grow really well there as it was all orange groves at one time...we both really like it.....there are homes you can tour and a famous cut glass museum also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty places...

    Did you snag a few oranges off the trees? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! I love the one with the mountains in it! I love Victorian design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those houses are so pretty, Dani- they look like little doll houses. Sounds like you're a big help to Alan- I'm sure he appreciates you being there with him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first house you pictured. The shape pleases me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore those artsy craftsy homes also. I like bringingback the front porches. They are building new home communities here that mimic the older ones! That city is an inspiration. It would be nice to walk around town, you should check out that cut glass museum. I found the shell museum in FL to an awesome discovery, more than I could dream.

    I love seeing your photos when you travel. I will check out Alan's blog also for more photos too. I love them, maybe why I love flicker so much. Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?