Thursday, January 7, 2010

We finished our Christmas clean up yesterday..took down the tree...and the outside lights...a bit of a job...I did alot of vaccuming .I moved the little plant stand into the living room by the side window so the plants can get more light.....before Christmas, .our oldest son gave me a huge box full of potted house plants..including this peace lily...and pothos ..of course, the primitive cats had to come along too......

In the evening, our youngest son and his girlfriend took over the kitchen and cooked up a storm..made Dad his favorite Beef Stroganoff and salad.....cleaned up too..I felt like I was having a birthday ......they wouldn't even let me in the kitchen...our oldest son dropped by and gave Dad a 1/2 gallon of his favorite sugar free ice cream and some sugar free chocolates for dessert.(.so far I haven't found a good sugarfree cake recipe.)....so no birthday cake (sadness) but Alan didn't mind..ice cream is one of his passions which he doesn't get often....he got alot of nice cards and emails too.....thanks so much everyone.....alot of people on Facebook wished him well which surprised him to no end.....and was a blessing.....

I've been working on some spring embroidery....pastel colors and lightness.....I will post when I get them finished....I finished one and painted a frame for it...I'm going to frame today if I can manage it.....
My prayers go out to all of you in the cold and snow....I know how wearing it can be when its so cold day after day...pretty at first but then as the days go on, more and more dreary....we are blessed to be in a warmer climate....its chilly here but nothing like what the midwest and east coast is experiencing.....our night time temps are in the high 20s and 30s..day time is in the 70s.
I was looking out the front window yesterday, watching the neighbor kids riding bikes and skateboarding..wondering if they realize how lucky they are.

I got a couple of comments about the dolls..I made those last year......went through a primitive period...I call them Albert and Emma Katt.....they have a sister doll also that is in the hallway..I'll post a photo of her tomorrow.........

3 comments:

  1. Our weather in West Texas seems to be changing to worse and worse winters...very odd...glad you are not catching it where you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the cats are cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very unique dollies on the plant stand. Did I miss where they're form?

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?