Saturday, January 23, 2010

La Cresta, Murrieta, Road Trip

Yesterday afternoon..Alan got called to re key this fabulous foreclosed property in La Cresta outside of Murrieta....as you probably know, I just had to tag along and always like to share exceptional properties......this is the type of home a celebrity or movie star might purchase...in an exclusive area of horse ranches, winegrowers, and acres of orange groves....on a private driveway at the top of a hill with great views.....I've always been curious what these homes look like inside so felt blest to be able to wander in and get paid for it too! I took off and re installed 5 locks and Alan did 5 also..lots of doors...anyway..here are a few photos of the inside..above is the entry...

This basically what you see when you enter...there is a foyer which steps down into this..and then halls on either side....there are fireplaces in just about every room....including the master bedroom....beautiful tile and hardwood floors..and high grade carpeting in the bedrooms..there are 4 bedrooms..each one with its own bath...


I'd call this the media room...fire place and a place for the big screen TV...the little room at the center there is round...a turret room...


Had to show you the tub in the master bath...to the right are the toilet and bidet (!) and to the left a large tiled shower...


This would be the library room....beautiful cabinets on either side of the fireplace



Here is the kitchen...granite countertops..top of the line appliances and a walk in pantry..

Here is the pool and jacuzzi....its right on the edge of the property and seems to hang in space..very cool..
we really enjoyed re keying it...there was surround sound on and we listened to some nice jazz while we were working....even the garages were carpeted and hard wood floors...can you believe it? There were 4 large garages....
It got very cold though up in the hills and I got a little chilled......was good to get home..it was a nice house but not home, if you know what I mean.......we both agreed we liked our little house and don't envy those who live in such luxury..fun to visit though...

9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of that fancy house. Maybe its a bargain now, time to buy. Like you I would rather have my own house. But the storage space....
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Dani, I would lose myself in a house that big, lol, it is pretty though! 4 garages huh???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was a nice and big house but...give me a Saltbox Home anytime!
    I bet you have fun going through some of those houses.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for coming by my blog! Wow! this home is gorgeous! So glad you are able to share the pics and I can dream!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet that property was FORECLOSED...a lot of folks flew too high and the luxury wasn't worth the financial devastation...I prefer my little ol' house, too..just wish it were zoned so I could have a few chickens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going through houses and so I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I love the pool! I'll bet I couldn't even afford a day's rent at a place like that! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very luxurious. But I think I'm just too practical -- and used to living in a very small space. My first thought was how do you keep a place that big clean and then how do you pay for it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some folks demand this when they get caught up in greatness. I wonder what they had to move down to? Sometimes they can't fill them with furniture.well, that is not my problem! I could fill every cranny! grins! Thanks for takingus along on your visit! Smiles, Cyndi
    Oh, the ginger kitty is doing fine, I hope!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?