Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years

I didn't stay up for the New Years celebration..couldn't keep my eyes open.....not a night owl any more..but Alan did and he said there was quite a party down the street..lots of hooping and fireworks at midnight...music too.......I was oblivious, sound asleep..
We watched the Rose parade this morning, and remembering the times we've gone up to Pasadena....it was fun but cold..we left here at 3 a.m. and it takes about an hour and a half to get to Pasadena...everyone was bundled up, carrying folding chairs, coolers, and the like....you kinda camp out on the street..or you can buy a seat on the bleachers..everyone was in a festive mood......some people had come the day before and got the choice locations. I especially like the bands and all the young people marching...so proud that their school or organization had been selected. The floats are gorgeous..so much prettier than on TV.....

I am working on putting some things into my Etsy Inspiration shop..I've had it closed for the holidays.......mainly some vintage Valentine postcards.....I will get them scanned, I think but wanted to show you one that I took a photo of..I've collected Valentine postcards for some time..
all my cards are in excellent to very good condition...



This one reminds me of the Campbells soup kids....I especially love their shoes..!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking of Valentines Posts today. I must have read your thoughts! How sweet are those little feet in those little boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so glad it was quiet in our neighborhood for New Year's...living in the middle of four cops has its advantages...and our city is so very conservative, too...

    Happy 2010!!! I hope it is a wonderful year for you personally and for the rescue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valenti....er...New Year to you! ;)

    That vintage Valentine is absolutely adorable! What cute little image! I absolutely adore vintage valentines!

    Can't wait to see your collection!

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did think they were the Campbells' kids whew, I better look closer. I adore Vintage Valentines also. I wish I still had Lisa's decorated childhood shoeboxes they made and I did also in school. They were so pretty! Not yet Vintage but getting there! LOL!

    smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?