Saturday, January 2, 2010

Valentines

Here's another of the Valentine postcards....just love the drawings.....the little boy must have fallen as his pants are torn out at the knee...so cute!

I took the village down yesterday and will be working on the tree today.....lots of ornaments to put away.....phew! Alan is going to work on the outside lights as the day warms up....it got very cold (for us) last night in the 30s.....
what was little odd..our next door neighbor was cleaning out her garage yesterday afternoon, when cars started coming by so she ended up having a garage sale at 4:00 in the afternoon on New Years day.....she made almost $80.00 in an hour....maybe this will start a new trend? Yard sales on holidays?

6 comments:

  1. I think holiday yard sales sounds like a GREAT idea, Although no one around here would want to brave the cold and snow, LOL!!!! Love that valentine and their big google eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to start wrapping up my snowmen, but I hate to say good-bye to them yet. Taking down cards and writing a few notes. It's gotten miserably cold here and it's nice to be staying indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani - I'm about to take my Christmas stuff down, too. I want to do it before my daughter goes back to college in a couple of weeks so she can help me!

    I saw a few sales around our area, too. It really is a good idea, I guess - nobody's working. Guess it wouldn't work on Christmas, but just about any other time would be ok.

    I like your new look on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just cracks me up about the impromptu yard sale!!!

    It's very cold here, for us. In the 20s at night. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea for a yard sale if you have the time and traffic. I have got a few things from neighbor's discards myself.

    I just love the mitts on your Valentine childen New Years Day, you know they are coming back and about time.

    These childrens eyes just make me smile! I adore them, Thanks for sharing your post cards,

    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog check mine if you have time for the latest on the very best in Birmingham Graffiti.

    http://www.bham-graff.info

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?