Thursday, January 28, 2010


I've been having trouble with my monitor..mine died (RIP) this last weekend...and I'm using a old one that only lets me work for about 5 minutes before starting to flicker like crazy..I then have to turn it off, wait 10 minutes and then go from there...over and over again...rather frustrating..hopefully we'll be able to get a new one soon....I can't go on some sites either as the same thing happens immediately.....
The above photo is of our new rug! We re keyed a wonderful home yesterday and in one corner was this rug, rolled up..we couldn't believe when we unrolled it as it is perfect...no stains or wear..clean..all I did was vacuum when we brought it home..( anything left over 18 days is abandoned.) It is lovely big home with a lake view..I wanted to show you but Alan took the memory card to send photos to the realtor....
The home was large but very cozy...it had been built back in the 70s..the garage had as much square feet as our entire house..(1500) and had a bathroom. nice oak floors throughout...lots of french doors..we re keyed the bottom floor and there were 8 locks...I really liked the kitchen as it had a walk in pantry, island, but wasn't really big like some of them are...I like a smaller kitchen as I don't want to have to walk 20 ft. to get an ingredient.

I wanted to share something from another blog that is something I've been thinking of alot. We've been turning on to a local LA TV station, mostly to hear the weather report (we usually just watch FOX) since I've haven't watched regular TV much..it just struck me how much time they devote to gossip...at least 40% if not more is just plain gossip....I think we need to get back to more wholesome pursuits...and Sugar Pie Farmhouse says it much better than I could...if you like what she has to say..she does have a free newsletter too. Ruthie used to live here in California.

Big Bear is open again..they opened the next day....as someone wondered about the town and lake...I've posted a link. My uncle used to live up there and had a A frame cabin..it was fun visiting him...he had a little monkey at the time which was a kick and fed squirrels outside his kitchen..

4 comments:

  1. wonderful rug in deed - what a nice find. sorry about the monitor - I'm wanting a really big one for my DH but he truly needs a faster computer more than a bigger monitor - and we can live without either - lots of decisions lately are based on "life or death - must have or want to have"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rug! I agree with your comment about TV gossip, I`m tired of it too. There IS good news out there. I guess the sensational gets better ratings.

    Your header is so serene. When we lived in Utah we were in the flyway and had the good fortune to watch the migrating birds.

    Have a great weekend,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched TV in decades and honestly, I don't miss it at all. It always struck me as unwholesome, even when I was a child. I couldn't bear to watch it or movies...but somehow we have let our culture be enslaved to it...ridiculous...

    The rug is gorgeous!!! I am glad it has a good home with you now!

    I admire those hardy folks who can live in places like Big Bear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous find in your new rug Dani! It goes so well with your sofa and I love your magazine rack by your chair in the corner. So many homes look unlived in and Books show so much interest!

    Nothing wrong with taking unwanted, hard to believe the things folks leave.
    I was going to the store the other day and passed a drveway with a chair, TV, vacumn cleaner, flower pots, plastic crates,two mirrors, etc and I turned around to go back and see. The lady was in her garage and said I could take anything I wanted. Oh Wow! I filled my car with the flower pots and crates, even the mirrors as I thought about it. Nice with a paint job on the wood look of them.
    Oh Fun times! This is why my garage is full.

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?