Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday

This is one of the spring things I am working on...I used the wrong kind of fabric though and it stretches too much so won't be selling this one...I sure like the pattern though....
below is the other kitty I posted about yesterday....her name is Elsie Katt.....

She has a vintage tea towel as a chemise dress with a bit of lace for a shawl....rusty wire whiskers and old button eyes......I had a blast making these......

My favorite thing to do is embroider and especially redwork......I only have one set of redwork towels in my etsy shop right now..sold the other 4 sets...

6 comments:

  1. Those towels are beautiful Dani and I love Elsie Katt, she looks so prim and proper sitting there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Katt is adorable and your redwork is SO wonderful retro - I remember seeing "tea towels" like this in my mom's friends' kitchen - you have a real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! I love to embroidery and only did redwork once...I must get some patterns and do it again as I love redwork and how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely redwork you do!

    Oh my, your kitty sure came out FABULOUS!!! What a doll, figuratively as well as literally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable towels. And the embroidery patterns are really vintage looking!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?