Thursday, December 13, 2007

Recipe

I thought I'd pass on a wonderful holiday (or any day) recipe that was handed down to me by my aunt...she was a wonderful cook...they would visit us many Christmases as they were "snow birds" and she'd always make the most wonderful deletable goodies...pecan rolls, cookies, and her famous Salmon Log....as well as bringing down some of their good canned fish that they had caught while fishing in Canada....
This recipe is for the Salmon Log...I have served this many times and everyone loves it...even those who don't really like salmon..
Salmon Party Log

1 large can of pink or red salmon, (remember to take out all the black skin, bones and such)
1 8z. package of cream cheese
1 T. of lemon juice
2 t. grated onion
1 t. horseradish
mix this together well and form into a log..the log is usually about 7 to 8" long and about 2" across...
then,
mix together separately, 1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. liquid smoke
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3T. chopped parsley
roll the log in this mixture until the outside is completely covered. Wrap the log in waxed paper (plastic wrap will stick to it) or aluminum foil and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
I like to serve this on a small platter with an assortment of crackers...you could trim the platter with cherry tomatoes for Christmas. Really nice for a buffet or to take to a potluck

I hope you will try it!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I LOVE salmond....and I'm sure gonna try this.

    Oh yeah, come and have some pumpkin spice coffe with me this morning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure would if we were closer...sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?