Friday, December 21, 2007


Just a short one today....its Friday, the Friday before Christmas...I made some blueberry muffins this morning for Alan as well as banana bread...all sugar free, of course...the muffins are very good.....I got the recipe from a old Betty Crocker cookbook, 1947 volume...and tweaked it some.....
2 cups flour
1 cup Splenda
2 t. baking powder
sprinkle of salt
mix this well together...then
I usually get my big two cup measure and add
1 cup milk,
1 egg,
1/4 c. oil,
1 tsp vanilla
I mix this together well then add it to the dry ingredients....mix just until blended, no more.
Add about 3/4 cup frozen blueberries and some chopped walnuts, about 1/2 cup or so....I don't really measure,
fold the berries and walnuts into the batter,
I spoon the batter into my muffin tin....
I use the big muffin tins, sprayed with Pam
and then bake in a 400 oven for about 20 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
They smell so good and are tender/yummy......who says sugar free stuff is tasteless!
The banana bread, we haven't tried yet, it looks good so will let you know...I've had mixed results in the past.
I plan on making two sugarfree pumpkin pies, and a cherry pie for Christmas..

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?