Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stitchery and a Garden Update


I've been working on some fall stitcheries..this one I just finished last night..all the stitching and beading is done....just have to cut it out and stitch the backing on it....its already padded..I tea and black walnut dyed the fabric..the neighbors probably thought I was a little nuts with large swatches of light brown fabric drying on the clothesline....I dyed quite a bit so would have alot to work with...the photo isn't the true colors..(.I'm having  trouble getting detail and focus with my little camera too....have to find the booklet on it and see if I can adjust the settings)...Rhonda at Primitive Stitches did have this one candle mat pattern with autumn leaves..I am also making a wall hanging and some tags for the fall....
.......
We were supposed to go to San Diego today to do a 3 unit escrow re key but last night the realtor called and said there was a problem in escrow so no work this morning.....that happens sometimes....the good news is there are 6 more jobs lined up starting on Friday.....and the above job will open up when the escrow gets worked out....this escrow job is for a new realtor which is also good news..we are praying we can get a few more accounts....work is slow for everyone..both realtors and contractors....yesterday, a locksmith called us wanting to know if we had any work..he had gotten laid off after working for the same locksmith company for 10 years, unfortunately we had to tell him no.....right now we are only working for about 3 or 4  realtors and could use a few more clients....most locksmiths won't drive long distances so we have the advantage..

Its getting warmer here but dry...never as humid as much of the company.....we've been eating yellow wax beans from the garden about every night...I am going to freeze some too....
The garden is doing well..the corn is taller than me now..and I am 5'6...the tomatoes are almost as tall.....wonderful what can grow in a urban back yard......we've been getting a few tomatoes..the flood will come a little later as we've had such a cool spring......

7 comments:

  1. Been keeping you in my prayers Dani for that work to pour in! Love that stitchery and wow your corn is high!! Ours is about 4-7 inches, lol, pathetic really:) Enjoy the day sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are productive in the most practical way - your garden looks wonderful and I'm trusting the Lord will send you business you need to keep going. We haven't been brilliant with our money over the years - only wise choice was to pay off everything (house, cars, land and tractor) when we had a lump sum - thought we could "make more money" but you know - the Lord has shown us how to make more of the decreased amount of money we have now - I will pray for y'all - hard times for so MANY people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not saying you don't make good use of whatever moneys you receive - it is hard to write online and not have voice and facial clues to make things sound right! Y'all are VERY smart financially - wish I'd learned those skills many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks wonderful, Dani! Lots of fresh veggies are in your future.
    So good to hear about the upcoming jobs~ I'll pray they continue to pour in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dani your stitchery is fabulous and so is yoiur garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall mat! I adore fall the best of all and really looking forward to decorating already, hehe!

    Your garden looks fantastic and very delicious! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your stitching. The pumpkin makes me wish fall were here. I'm also impressed with how tall your tomatoes are and how neatly your garden looks laid out.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?