Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blogger tricks, Place Mats, Afghans and some Encouragement!

Evidently Blogger is up to its old tricks as far as posting photos...I am going to trick it and see if I can paste the url through Photobucket..yes, it works! Now you know you can by- pass blogger and still post photos....

Photobucket

I am going through my linens and such..found these place mats I had bought last year during the fire phase...never really used them so have put them up for sale..you will find them in the Treasure Chest listing in Sweet Home Stitchery.....how do you like the lamp? we bought it at an antique store in Iowa one year...its over 100 years old and rare or so we were told....

Photobucket
Only one more day until my giveaway drawing! If you haven't signed up..there is still time...don't think I am getting 100 followers yet but so appreciate those who all who sign up...

.I sold the candle mat I posted about the other day and am working on a second...plus have a some new black work patterns to stitch and one is waiting until I can get a frame for it.....when I get tired of stitching, I am crocheting a second afghan for baby Jaydon.....a granny square as I over bought yarn..using the same colors as the first ripple afghan....only a few weeks now! The doctor has ordered bed rest for Amberly, the new mother for the next month...he is due August 1st...although he could come early...

Photobucket

They've asked me to make them an afghan  for Christmas so will have to look through my patterns to see what kind they'd like and what colors...I was so surprised to see how expensive yarn is at the craft stores...will have to look at Walmart.....and am going to get the next Sunday paper as I know Michaels has discount coupons that are quite good...
Its no secret we are going through a rough patch...stitching is a wonderful stress relief...I know God has His hand in this....my dear friend sent me an encouraging word this morning, and ending with this quote from Corrie Ten Boom who survived a Nazi concentration camp...

Look around and be distressed
Look within and be depressed
Look to Him and be at rest.

5 comments:

  1. I would love the place mats Dani and just emailed you about them. I will try to post a new post in my blog later with the new bags I have made and thatks for the heads up about the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hurricane lamp.....
    I collect them. I have about a dozen and most of them are safely in storage. Yours is beautiful.....
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful to be asked to do an afghan! And, I adore those lovin' colors! So serene! My daughter was very lucky to have many layettes and afghans, even her blankets were tatted by her grandmother and both grandmothers had a part in all of it!

    I found them the other day in our garage, No more, they are inside our closet and protected after 40 odd years.... Oh My, I as not a very good keeper when I was young. But, they are wonderful! I even found some matiste lace dresses! Yippee! I need to tea stain them or something they have yellow spots on them.
    That old oak tree needs a climbing and back in my day, I was the one too!

    I have to use my oil lamps Linda, when our power goes out due to down power lines, Oh, you don't get that in Maine, I bet. No worries just love when you get snow!

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani you can order all sorts of yarn at herrschners.com. They have great sales all the time. I might have spelled that name wrong but Google will get you there. They are fantastic to deal with. I agree yarn is very expensive. You have to wait a few days to get it when ordering online, but it`s worth it.

    God will bring you through the rough patch. I know this for certain. I don`t know how I would have coped during our hard times without the Lord in my life. I will continue to pray for you.

    When I have Blogger picture problems like today I click the HTML button at the top right of the Posting box and never have a problem with downloading pics. The Compose mode wouldn`t let me do pics today.

    Bless you Dani and have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything just looks so pretty, Dani! I will also keep you in prayer - just came through a "rough patch" myself, by the Grace of God!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?