Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday, Blackwork, Coffee, and Garden Update


These are two of the three tea towels I've been working on....decided to do something a little different..have one left to finish...its Cappuccino......love this Aunt Martha pattern......

I am a coffee drinker...got started while I was still living at home..both mama and dad were coffee drinkers also...Dad used creamer in his..mama was a black coffee drinker..of course, I went with my daddy and use creamer in coffee and  milk in tea....they used Folgers at home but now, I prefer Don Franciscos when I can get it...if you haven't tried Don Francisco coffee..its the bomb....you can find them on Facebook..and they do giveaways..I won a nice gift basket from them a few months ago...and yes, they have decaffeinated ...


The garden is doing well...we are getting  summer squash now..the other day, I roasted them in the oven and they were very good...easy to do..just cut up  your squash, put in a oven proof pan (I sprayed some Pam in it), drizzle with oil..and roast at 350 for about 40 minutes or so or until they are tender.....I think some garlic would be very good with this too.....
the nectarines are getting ripe too..the tree this year didn't have very many..last year we had more but there was a cold snap in February so that's probably the reason......

but the apricot is making up with tons of fruit.....just hope the birds don't get too many of them.......

ground squirrel latest count---20

5 comments:

  1. Love those towels Dani and WOW, your garden looks fantastic!!! We are already fighting with the deer here, they're eating my spinach! Love those cute baby apricots:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was fighting the birds for my share of my peaches I learned a method for keeping the birds away.
    Take pieces of newspaper and wrap them around the branch and fruit loosely and staple them in place. They are esentially "tented" and there is plenty of air and light for the continuation of the ripening process but the birds cannot reach the ripening fruit. You might try it on your apricots.


    Also a note to Carmen -- I'm told that human hair (swept up at the barber/beauty shop) spread near your garden will repel deer. Worth a try -- no deer where I live so I haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post....I have some stitchery set aside to work on...you are really inspiring me to pick it up :)
    Your work is lovely....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Your garden looks great, girl! I haven't had time in the past because of my job but next year I am gonna have a garden! Seeing yours has me all excited and I don't know if I can wait till then, lol.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?