Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day, Dad

Thanks, Daddy for being  the best father a daughter could have..for teaching me honesty, integrity, and honor....for standing up for ones beliefs, for encouraging me to always do my best, for teaching a strong faith in God at an early age..for always being there when I needed you....
Thank you for so much....for the first time we went to Disneyland in 1956, the year it opened...for all the trips to the San Diego zoo, to Mission Bay to watch the speed boat races, for camping in the High Sierras and you catching trout for breakfast. Thanks for all the trips to visit Grandmas and Grandpas...for putting up with my brother and I fighting in the back seat of the car....for Walnettos..for the smell of Brasso as you polished your brass belt buckle for inspection..for sitting around the fire place and you telling stories about past generations of our family....thanks for taking us kids out target shooting in the desert, hunting for fossils and semi-precious stone in the fossil beds, and going to Calico ghost town..exploring old silver mines and Indian hieroglyphics..riding down bumpy desert roads in a VW bug which shouldn't  have been fun but is one of my fondest memories...as you said if we got stuck we'd be fine as we had Mamas homemade donuts and plenty of water....
Thank you for the service to our country and giving your life..
God bless you, Daddy...
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.   Love never fails"
I Corinthians 13: 4-8.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Dani what a great daddy you had mine was just as wonderful. what a blessing from our heavenly Father

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your father and your childhood. I loved it......
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories you have and as I was reading them it was reminding me of some of the memories with my Dad..My Dad died on Mothers Day in 1987 and I still wish I could pick up the phone and give him a call. He had a heart attach and was way to young to die at age 67

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?